My house has been overrun with my stuff being in every corner of every room. I hate it when my house is in disarray, yet I have a hard time getting motivated to do anything about it. I am not sure what the motivation has been recently, but now that I am started, I can't seem to stop. I am well on my way to getting it all done before school starts. I am going to include before and after pictures of the craft room, but unless you have seen the "before" in person, the pictures do not do justice to the "after".
Ok, so I looked and looked and I cannot find the before pictures, but I did find the 1/2 way pictures. Does that say anything about how bad it was before!?! Notice how at the 1/2 way mark, you can barely identify the floor.
Now I will attempt to find the after pictures. BRB.
I know it seems like I have a lot of stuff in that room, and I do, but keep in mind that I had all that stuff spread out over 1000 square foot basement in my old house, and now it all has to fit in one bedroom.
I have gotten rid of much and will continue to do so (look out Abs!). Now at least I can get to the boxes and have room to go thru them. Before, I could barely walk in there, much less go thru boxes. I even have room to set up a craft table and work on my stuff in the room instead of setting up tables in the living room or library or kitchen or even the bedroom! Nate will be happiest about all the tables disappearing from around the house.
I have gotten rid of a table in my bedroom and the living room, but I still have another one in each of those rooms and one in the library to get rid of. Let's face it, I always have a handfull of projects going at once. But as I get organized and find that there is a place for everything, then I can put things away. Before, there really never was a place, so it all just got shoved into the back room, hence the mess you see above. I have just under 3 weeks left before school starts and only this week before we are having a large dinner group over, so I will be a very busy girl this week!
If there are those out there who are like me and are struggling with finding the motivation to get started, please ask Heavenly Father for a little boost. It is very addictive once you can get going, and it is soooooo liberating!
Tomorrow it's the library! Until next time.....



That is so nice getting organized! Maybe one day I will be able to organize my life. Good for you, looks great!
ReplyDeleteWow! That room reminds me of my mother's craft room. It looks so nice. It's so nice when you get things in there place and you actually know where to find them. teehee Congrats on the clean up. I must admit I was a bit shocked. I thought you would have everything so super orgainized 'cause you are so awesome with your cards. You are so awesome!!
ReplyDeleteYou are truly amazing!! I get so stressed out when I try and organize...I have been leaving out the most important ingredient...Prayer. Thank you for your great example.
ReplyDelete