Monday, March 30, 2009

"I survived day 1 of school" and other ramblings......

Well as much as I stressed about this day, it is almost over and I survived. Both teachers seem to be nice people. We didn't do much in class today, other than cover the rules and expectations. We talked about the syllabus in both classes and I got to take a test in math. Pretty sad that I couldn't answer most of the questions. I have forgotten how to do so much. I know it will come back with time and practice, it was just depressing. On the bright side, I rewarded myself with a trip to the Goodwill. (Still one of my favorite stores.)



I got 6 books, 3 purses, a pair of shoes and a rack to hang in the fridge for 2 liter bottles and all for less than $20!

Well as you know, if you talk to me at all, I have been frantically trying to get my home in order and my garden finished before school started. I think I did pretty good, but you be the judge.



The garage is finally manuverable. We will never get a car in there, but in my defense, there is a 7x13 foot dog kennel in there behind all the shelves. Everything is on a shelf and accessable.



Water storage is coming along. I still need to do more, and I still have more 2 liter bottles than I know what to do with. If any of you need any to get started on your own storage, please don't hesitate to call.



The library looks much better than it has in a VERY LONG time. I wanted a place to do my homework. I still need to finish clearing the desk and break the table down, but trust me, it looks great.



Speaking of the library, I finally hung up my grandmothers (Naomi) paintings. She used to paint alot, but not anymore. I am lucky to have 3 of her prints.



I planted my garden a few weeks ago. It wasn't two days later, and the squirels had been in the dirt, digging up the seeds. UGH! So I built cages to go over each of the seven boxes I have. I had 3 boxes last year. They did so well, that I decided to add 4 more boxes this year.



It isn't even April yet, and my strawberries are blooming. In fact.......



I give you my 1st strawberry!!!!! Of course it is still green, but it is only March! Be patient.



My peas, lettuce, spinich, brocolli, cauliflower, and swiss chard are all coming up. I also have zucchini, tomotoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, and yellow squash growing. I will be putting in corn, beans, watermelon, and cantelope in during spring break next week.



I just got this Hybiscus. I love these, and I have been wanting one for a while, so I splurged last week. The flowers are so beautiful. I JUST LOVE SPRING!



This is one of so many bushes that surround my house. They are all flowering bushes of some sort and get so incredibly beautiful every year. Just more evidence that there is a God. I really love living in the south. It is so amazing here. Is it silly that I get so enamorred (sp) with little things?

Ok, let's see........



Oh yeah, I went to the cannery with some people from church a few weeks ago. Still trying to get that one year supply down. Actually, I am pretty darn close. I have been working very hard on this whole preparedness thing. I even have another order in with Walton Feed.

OK, I think there is just one more thing and I think I will have covered everything.




Saturday, Mady had a track meet. She was scheduled to run the 3200meter (2 mile) and the 4 x 4 (1600 relay). Nate dropped her off at the school at 730am and I met her at the meet at 845am. She was scheduled to run in the 1st event and the last. The forcast for the day was 100% chance of rain and strong thunderstorms, but it was only overcast when we left for the meet. I had been in the bleachers for about 10 minutes, when it started coming down. Mady got to run in the very cold rain.......




and I like a good mother, was sitting in the very cold rain cheering her on.



Oh, there is one other thing I wanted to add. With Easter coming up, and spring blooming all over the place, it is the perfect time to reflect on our Savior. Last weekend, we had the opportunity to attend womens conference at the church. The theme was preparedness. Both spiritual and temporal. There were classes to attend and they served lunch and in closing, there was this incredible play called the 10 Virgins. I have no pictures, but they wouldn't do justice to the feeling I had when I left that day. It had a very powerful message about being prepared. It's focus was on the spiritual side of preparedness. I walked away crying as did everyone there, including the stake president. The spirit was amazing. I am so grateful for the decision I made 13 years ago this month, to join the Lord's church and change my life. I still have so far to go, but there is no doubt I am on the right path.

Christ Lives!!! Happy Easter.

4 comments:

  1. you have been one busy girl!!! You are totally on top of it!! Congrats! Way to go Madi, running in the rain. I remember in high school cheering in the snow and rain... it takes guts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I feel lazy compared to what you have done! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you described the feeling at Women's Conference. Your testimony is beautiful.

    How amazing all of the things you accomplished are! I am almost motivated...and that is saying a lot ;)

    Thank you for the wonderful card you sent to Evan! It meant so much and he was truly surprised ☺.

    I love your garden...blast those squirrels! I love that you made a cage...that'll teach 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you are doing great! I love your house!Its so cute! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete